May 8, 2010

SuperHeroes do Vegas too

Hello everyone, I am Katie -- the SuperMama behind:

Are you ready to fly?

I started this little venture once I became tired of tying blankets (and scarves and towels and sweatshirts and ... ) around the kids' necks and watching them like a hawk so they didn't choke. Sure, we all did it as kids too... but that doesn't mean it's safe!

So I made a few capes that were eh, alright I suppose, and people still wanted to buy them! After some prompting from my wonderful husband, I set out to sell. Things were slow to start, but advertising was key! I post on a lot of message boards, so women all over the country started with word-of-mouth. I sent out "thank you" postcards (which I got free for shipping from vistaprint )to all of my customers and a few extra business cards with each order. I had my best sales day ever this past week with 9 purchases on one day! I also have a Facebook fanpage:
Katies-Capes-and-Crafts


I am a Pharmacy Tech by trade, a 29 year old mama of two (6 year old boy, 2 year old girl), a wife and a dreamer. I live in Boulder City, so the meeting might be a little far for me right now (and the hectic work schedule).

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Cute kids items!! Be great for little ones for Halloween too!!

Don't have any little ones anymore!!
But will pass this on for u!!

Rochelle said...

LOVE IT!!! a safe way to be SUPER,so cute. I always tell my mom we are lucky to be alive with some of the things we used to do as kids ;)

Artesia said...

Hey Katie!

I would like to know how you found the right message boards. I've been thinking I need to do that.

And how do you post without being to pushy?

Katie said...

Well if you have kids, that is the easiest segway! There are a ton of message boards for work-at-home moms too. I'll send you some links and even introduce you if you'd like?

Artesia said...

Sweet! I have a full day today helping at the school et al, but I would love to check out the links when I get a few mineuts.

You can send them to me via FB or:
Email: marie@artesiaproducts.com