Tonight was our first organized team effort to participate in a local event and I've got to say, it was a delight! We had eight of our members selling their craft at the Henderson ArtsWalk and probably another seven showed up to show their support and meet everyone. Now I have good news and bad news. Bad news first: there was hardly any foot traffic and many of us didn't make a single sale. This was the first night they've had crafters at this event so it was not that big of a surprise really. Now the good news. The Henderson Water Street Business District wants to partner with our group to turn this into a real artist and crafter event in Henderson, basically putting us in charge of providing crafters and "sponsoring" our group. Our team is going to be prominently featured on www.Hendersonlive.com as well as included in all the materials circulated throughout the city each month advertising the event. I've actually been put in charge of organizing all crafters (not just the Etsy ones) that will be attending ArtFest so this has suddenly become a fantastic opportunity for our team to get this event off the ground and show what we've got.
So even though it was slow (slow being a serious understatement), I think we all had a great time getting to know each other and enjoying the beautiful weather. Plus, a certain boyfriend of a certain team member showed up with his accordion to play bizarre covers of rock songs and made the night fly by. Enjoy the pictures I got - I wish I'd gotten a better one of the team table. I got a really nice banner printed up and there was all kinds of promo material.
As far as the coming months, I'd love to encourage everyone to try and participate or just show up. We will really need to talk to friends and family about this event to help spread the word about the brand new craft-fair aspect of ArtsWalk. But like I said, this could be the beginning of something really great for our team and I say we go for it! Thanks again to everyone who came. I am seriously tickled at how friendly and easy to adore you all are! If any of you other team members who went want to post your experience on the blog, please share.
P.S. All Henderson Team Members should go here to register for the city's Artist Registry. It's free, and they will send you updates of all art events happening in the city. Took me about 30 seconds to register.
10 comments:
That is SO AWESOME!! I got a little giddy reading that you are now organizing for ALL crafters that will be attending. Crazy how quickly this group has taken off! I am REALLY hoping to be at the meeting on Monday but it really depends on what time my husband gets home from work so that he can stay with the kids. This is VERY exciting news!
Hey Everyone~ I showed up for a little bit, and yes it was kinda slow, but it looked like all the kids there were having fun with the crafts (our team table made tissue paper flowers!!!) and it was nice to get to know a couple of my fellow team members. And it is making me even more excited about our first team meeting next week!
I think the more we get involved, the more the community will see that we are a serious team and they will support us...and hopefully that will mean lots of sales and fun for us!
Crikey! Apologies for all the errors & deletions! Botielus & I have been trying to figure out how to make a link work here, and finally got it, yay, hurrah: SqueezeboxHero.com
Additionally, I had typed that he had a swell time meeting y'all and accordioning, and was asked back by the Henderson peeps for next time :-)
Looks fun. Sorry I couldn't make it last night.
This is really cool :) Congrats and thanks to those who helped make it a success. Hope the next time will be 100x better!
Yikes, you have to organize all that? I take it you don't have a day job? Or just bounds of energy that only the young can have.
I need to lie down just reading your energy.
I got off work at 7 and did a drive-by (I had to get home and make dinner!). I will definitely be participating next month :)
I'm so excited. Thank you Sarah for leading this group and being so energetic and involved. Thank you to everyone that showed up to represent! I had kids volleyball that night so couldnt make it. :( I just registered and will definately be there next time.
I was behind on homework and had a killer (not in a good way) at work but I want to be there for the next one! I would love to help or participate in anyway i can, even if it is small. I am a graphics student, just throwing it out there. I will get things ready so i can just load up my trunk and go next time. I even had the idea to make bookmarks for next time?
Post a Comment