I got this used dollhouse from the thrift store for $8. This is what it looked like before.
TA DAAA! This is the dollhouse after all my renovations. This was SO fun to do and I'm very happy with the final product.
I made a new knob for the front door with polymer clay.
The living room.
The living room
The kitchen and office/loft. I could've left the loft out but it looked weird to me to have all that empty space above the kitchen.
The kitchen
The office/loft
The bedroom
The bedroom
The bathroom
I've listed this for $200 and it maybe cost $50 to make. It's not the supplies that cost alot, it's the time it takes to do it. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this one and if you think I've priced it too high or low. Thanks everyone!
Megan Dresback (From Fragments To Furniture & Beyond)
http://www.etsy.com/listing/51745524/upcycled-dollhouse-with-furniture-part-1


14 comments:
A-frickin-mazing!! Every little detail, right down the the dry erase board on the fridge is so delightful! I think your price for all your work is fine and wouldn't lower it. And the loft over the kitchen is such a creative addition. I wish I could live in that house.
You ought to be proud!!! That's so wonderful!
I wish I was little again!!
That is dam cute!!
I wish I was little again!!
That is dam cute!!
So adorable...shrink me and I'll move in!
I really love dollhouses, and this one is too cute.
I love miniatures and this is just to cute! You have it priced as a collectible - which it is. Not something you'd want a child to play with.
Actually, I do want kids to play with it. I glue all the detail items down and since the furniture was made with wood toy blocks, it's pretty safe. Adult supervision would be recommended though. My five year old plays really well with it but my two and a half year old tears it apart. Anyway thanks for the input.
This is adorable.I actually bought a dollhouse kit some 20+ years ago when my girls were small. I even collected furniture for it. Did I have time to make it? No, but maybe someday I'll haul it out and make it for myself!!! You've inspired me.
It turned out beautiful! I think it's a fair price too! Such a neat one of a kind dollhouse! You did a great job on it:)
So beautiful! I want to live there; glued down furniture and all!
It's awesome Megan! So much colorful fun detail!
that is sooooo cute! im planning on building my own doll house one day=) i hope it turns out as awesome as this one.
Fabulous job. Wow and Wow, I think it probably is worth more but in this economy you probably want to just sell it and see. If you doing the fair at Mt. Charleston- you should ask people what they would be willing to pay for such a wonderful doll house.
Post a Comment