I spoke with Sarah about having a destash event, and we would like to try our first one at the meeting tomorrow. I know it is late notice, but hopefully everyone reads the blog before the meeting.I’m sure we all have piles of craft materials that we no longer need or want. And it is a shame to just donate something to Goodwill, not knowing if the items will be of use to anyone. But we are all crafters, and I am sure that there is someone out there that can use your old materials. I suggest that we have a two part approach to this.
First, we can have a destash table at the meeting. Everyone can bring their items and put them on the table before the start of the meeting. Then, immediately following the meeting, for the first few minutes, if you brought something to destash, then you can take something from the table. After that, if the item(s) you brought were not taken, you can either take it back and keep it for the next meeting, or leave it on the table. At that point, any items left are open to anyone at the meeting. Anything that remains on the table then will either be donated to goodwill, or put in the team Etsy store if we feel we can sell it. If you have ever done something like this and have any suggestions on ways to make this go smoothly, please let us know.
The second part is if you have destash items you wish to sell, bring them to the meeting. This would be a way for our team members to be able to purchase inexpensive supplies. This will be beneficial to the seller as well as the other team members who can get a great price. Anyone can participate in this, and just remember to bring cash in case you find something you like.
I personally will be bringing a ton of fabric and some beads priced well below cost. I also have an extensive destash section on my website - most items priced below cost. If anyone is interested in something in my store, convo me and I can bring it to the meeting.
3 comments:
Great idea!
Wish I could go but won't know until tomorrow. If I do I will bring some items.
Will u be doing this at every meeting?
I am going to bring beads and such from my leftover jewelry projects. I'm currently transitioning to a vintage shop and only selling jewelry that has a vintage inspiration so, i have lots of cool stuff to sell at "below cost"
and also to put on destash table for trading. i've added some to my designsbyv.etsy.com shop but it is a mere 1% of what i truly have. convo me and i'll do a super discount if anyone is interested and if you're looking for something, let me know, i might have it for super discount! thanks all and see you tomorrow! ~v
Do you have Delicas? What about Swarovski crystals? Those are my primarily what I use in my beading.
Post a Comment