We now have about 30 artists and craftsmen committed to the show. Since we opened it up to other guilds, I hear from new people everyday. I have 28 paid participants at this time, and tomorrow is my posted deadline, but since we just opened it up to others, I will accept contracts until July 15. I need to have the number by then so that I can give the Resort a firm accounting.
The first set of flyers and postcards I ordered arrived today. I will be sending some of those out to all of you who have paid and sent me your contracts, along with a receipt for your payment. They are full color and quite nice. PLEASE post and distribute the flyers anywhere you can think to put them.Send the postcards to your customers and friends. Yesterday, I sent in an order for 35 signs to put throughout the Valley.They should be here by the 15th. I will be contacting you to help me distribute them when they come. Banners have also been ordered to put up on the day of the show.
I talked with the events director again today. The space inside is very small, so we won't have more than six or seven people in there. The first seven requests that came in will be put inside.The rest of us will be outside, but remember that it is 30 degrees cooler up here. I just hope it doesn't rain---for all our sakes!!!!
For those of you who requested and paid for a table from the hotel, you can have either a six or eight foot one. They will furnish the linens for it if you let me know. Of course, you can bring your own linens. I do think if you are inside and requested to rent a table, you will have to have a six foot one because of the limited space.
It is very important that all of us spread the word in whatever way we can. Promote yourself!!! Let's make this event a success !!!!
9 comments:
Can't wait for this one!!
I have already started promoting for people to come up there!
You r doing a fine job with organizing everything! A big
Thank u!
You're awesome, Robi!! I think you'll get a ton of applications in the next few days from non-team members. How many do you think we can fit on the lawn?
Thanks Ladies. Later on today, my husband and I are going to go measure the space to figure out how many 10X10 spaces we can accommodate. Once I know, I will let you know.
Robi- Thank you so much for doing this. Im so excited and please let me know when I can help you.
Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to do this but Robi, thanks for the info. Are the flyers going to be available at the next team meeting on the 13th? If so, than I can try to get some handed out.
I am going to try to come to the meeting on the 13th. After living on Mt. Charleston for over 20 years, I have serious issues with the heat, even at night.Regardless, I will get some flyers to Sarah so they will be available.
I am willing to promote this event with every article I write about vendors who will be in the fair. Need you to post on the Examiner in the comments section. Then I will get in touch. My articles get thousands of views each week and that adds up over the next month. Share the articles with friends and family and on all of your websites and you will be helping the promotion.
Thanks for all your hard work in setting up and promoting this event. We'll be posting flyers, FBing, Tweeting, blog posts and spreading the word at First Friday.
Thank you ROBI. I am looking forward to this it will be my first show!
Post a Comment