My name is Alan Williams, and I run the shop HiddenLightPhotos. Etsy is kind of a new venue for me. I signed up a while back, but only in the last month have I tried to start selling on Etsy (this also coincided with a move into a house that is ready for some TLC so hopefully June will be a bit better). I feel like it is divine providence that at the same time our team was formed.
I am a research scientist by day and an artist about any other time! I run a few different types of artistic projects but they are all focused on photography. I love to find and create fine art images from nature, that is the focus of my work you will see of my work on Etsy. My website www.alancwilliams.com is where I have all my work that is currently available. I hope to get my etsy shop Hidden Light Photos in the future to be more representative of what you can find on my website.
For now, here are a few of my very favorite prints that I have available...


If you check out my website and see some pictures that you think I should definitely get onto etsy, please let me know. I would really enjoy feedback from fellow etsy users!One thing that I thought about at our first teem meeting was how much I would like to do a workshop on taking better pictures of your items. I love photography, and I love to teach and hang out with people. I also love to do things on the cheap as much as possible. So if you would be interested in coming to my house, or somewhere else convenient for people, to go over taking better picture taking with what you have for better pictures of your items let me know. If people are interested I would like to maybe do this in a group of 3 or so up to 10. Please let me know if your interested in this by email or here in the comments, as well as what types of things you would like to learn about and do!
Thanks for your time team! I would love to get to know you all better and even more help you all do better with your shops on etsy!
My email is chris@hiddenlightphotography, please feel free to contact me about any pictures you would like for yourself, ones you think I should put on etsy, and if your interested in a free workshop on how to take better pictures of your stuff!
13 comments:
Very beautiful pictures, my favorite is Tulips! I love color!
Very nice!
I'm really excited about the idea of a photography workshop. I would definitely want to participate, along with my brother in law who isn't on the team, but is really wanting to learn more about photography. Would you be willing to do this for non-team members as well?
Thanks so much for the offer to do this. And again, your photographs are stunning!
(also team members, Alan is one of our two twitter leaders and has some great web development plans for us in the future. He's a great team resource!)
I'm with Kathy, my fav is that tulip picture...wow!
I would be fine doing this with non team members as well. I am really interested to see who is interested and what they would like to learn!
Your photos are amazing!
A photography workshop would be great! A professional photographer used to take my pictures (for free!) but she's not anymore so I would love some tips!
I'd be interested for sure.
I'm especially interested in learning how to produce great jewelry photos. Great photos are one of the key factors for success on Etsy!
I would most definitely be interested in a photography how-to!!
Sign me up!!
Your photos are beautiful and I too love the tulips!
I'm even more interested in photo editing (would that be touched on?)
I'm currently using Gimp and I'm useless with anything beyond resizing.
Thank you Alan for a sharing about your work. Your art are absolutely beautiful! And it is wonderful for you to offer help with such an important factor to successfully sell anything online. I would very much be interested in your class.
Hi Chris- Welcome to the team. I soooo would be interested in a photography class. I have a great Nikon camera and dont know how to use it. Hence, my crappy etsy pictures.
PS- Your tulips pic is awesome!
Hey Alan,
I think you've struck a nerve! Your pictures are stunning, and I know we all would love our Etsy pix to look even half as beautiful as yours. Can't wait for this workshop. Count me in!
Hi Alan, It's fabulous of you to offer a workshop for us - I'd love to come too.
I love the tulips also, but the rock in the stream is gorgeous.
Post a Comment