Hello everyone. I just met with Gina, the events coordinator for the Resort at Mount Charleston. They are letting us use the grassy area and terrace that it used for weddings. We can also set up in the indoor events center that leads out to the grassy area if we choose. There are no restrictions on tent sizes and we can stake them into the ground. There is a nice meandering path outside and booths can be set up on both sides. There is a terrace overlooking the canyon where they will sell food and have musical entertainment!!!! It sounds like a great event!!!
For those of you who have contacted me and want to be in the fair, I will be sending out contracts that I will need back by July 1st with the $50 fee. I need a commitment so I can get the licenses, permits and so I can start advertising.
Does anyone have nay ideas for promoting this? I am obviously going to do signs, fliers and (hopefully) ads in the papers.
I will also be checking into the sales tax issue. I'll keep you posted on that.
I have attached a picture of part of the outdoor area we can use.
10 comments:
I emailed you too but forgot to say I also have my own tent with weights, so no problem
Kathy
I emailed and also forgot to tell you I have a 10x10 tent (not an EZ up, and it's green). I can bring my own table if they aren't providing them.
Eeek, forgot to email. If it isn't too late, I would love to participate. I will have my own tent/table as well.
I already e-mailed you - I'm there! Looks beautiful - one of the nicer places I've sold at.
If you need help designing flyers let me know..
Kellie
Art Box Designs
This is so awesome! I've also talked to two different reporters (one at the Desert Companion and another at the Review Journal) who will most likely be telling readers about this event in their papers. Hopefully that's some good free PR for the event. I'm really excited about the RJ one. Paying for advertising in that newspaper is really expensive, so a free article all about our team is going to be priceless.
I have already mentioned to you that I will come on Aug 8. I also have a canopy and tables.
However, I am out of town until July 8. Will you be e-mailing the contracts? That would work for me I think, as long as I can get to a wifi zone somewhere.
Send to: Carolyns_Jewelry@yahoo.com
Thanks
Carolyn
I e-mailed and am looking forward to this event! If you can e-mail me flyers I can print some and get them distributed in Indian Springs (I work out there) also I think I have a tent shade that we use when we go camping. and A table. just have to figure out how to display paintings... any ideas?
Yep! I have framed cross stitch pictures that do not present well laying on a table. We're getting pegboard and hinging them into A-frames. They fold up and transport easily and you can paint and decorate them any way you like. I think the peg board comes in 2X4 foot sizes. Then just find the fastener that works for you to hang them.
You can advertise on Craigs List as well. It's free and you can list it every day...even the day of the event. People read Craigs list all the time.
Post a Comment