Hi Team - I wanted to pass on a great opportunity that's just come our way. I've been chatting with the owner (Carrie Wade Hogan) of the new farmer's market in Henderson, Fresh52, and she has asked that our team sponsor the kids craft area at their Grand Opening event on Father's Day, June 20th from 8:30 to 1. She'll have four or five tables for us, as well as a canopy and is looking for us to provide 4 or 5 crafts for the kids attending the event. The various crafts we come up with should cover a broad age range. Say something simple like painting for little kids and something more complex like origami for older children. Also, it will be father's day, so a craft with this in mind would be fantastic. We can have a big team banner displayed as well as all our promo items and talk up our group to everyone who comes by.
What we need are volunteers to man the art station.
Probably at least three of us. I can't do Sunday events, and won't be able to be there but I'm hoping there is interest in this. It would be a really fun morning (it's only from 8:30 to 1:00) and a great way to promote our team. In return for our help, she will be promoting our team on her website, and advertising us as a sponsor on all her material and invites for the event. She's pretty good at what she does and so I think it would be great exposure. Please contact me directly or leave a comment to this post if you are interested in volunteering for the kid's craft booth.
Carrie has also asked for anyone interested in vending at the opening event. She's looking for kid-centered vendors with booths doing stuff like face painting, balloon art, clown acts or any other craft where you might charge the kids to create something like hand puppets or any other simple craft. For these types of vendors, you will only get a space, and will need to provide all your own set up like table, chair, canopy - whatever you need to do your work. I asked about licenses and permits, and she told me they are not necessary for this event. If you have any interest in doing a vendor booth of this type, please contact Carrie directly to reserve your spot on the 20th. You can contact her on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/carrie.wadehogan) or through the Fresh52 website.
I'd love to see her market succeed. She also has plans to start a yearly modern/hip craft fair in Vegas (minus all the Avon ladies) and so she's the kind of organizer we love! So who wants in on the 20th?
4 comments:
I have over 50 paper egg cartons to donate if anyone wants to do Critter Crafts with the kids. Botielus could bring them to the Henderson ArtsWalk on the 17th.
Love that idea!! Send them along, m'lady :) We can do some seriously fun stuff with those. I'm not even going to ask why you have so many.
But this makes me think of other eco-crafts. We could try and do an eco-theme with everything the kids make (and save money on supplies). Bird houses out of plastic bottles? Bottle cap jewelry? Any other ideas?
Good! 'Cuz if you asked, I'd also feel obligated to explain why I have a bag of bottle caps to send along with him, as well :^o
hey there! can't make it on the 20th, but could mail you some buttons/beads/fabric scraps if you'd like? just let me know :)
Post a Comment