August 1, 2010

Heatherp22 presents-"Raggedy Bags"!

Hi Everyone, 
I have a new item in my shop I am calling "Raggedy Bags". 
I hand crochet 1" strips of mostly 100 per cent cotton fabric into these stretchy versatile bags that are colorful and full of texture. 

 I  use mine for carrying my wet bathing suit home from pool parties.  
Any yarn portions are cotton or acrylic yarn so the bags are machine washable and dryable. 
In fact they just get better and better the more you wash and dry them,  a distressed look.


They are also reversible: one side has all the fuzzy knots 
and the other is smooth and reminds me of vintage rag rugs.
I have added polymer clay pieces to some and
adjustable handles to others.  



Join me and many other Team members at 
the Mt Charleston Arts and Crafts Fair 
Sunday August 8th 10 am until 4 pm
Arts, Crafts, Music, Food and Fun!!


PS if you want to know why I added the mandolin go to My Muse: 
Do you know what a musical Rag is?

4 comments:

nevadawoods said...

These are really pretty.

Sarah said...

I adore these! I hope you are going to have a bunch for sale at the show - I'm sure people will jump on them!

"musical rag" made me laugh. I wish when I was on the rag each month I could do it show tunes style.

Art Box Designs said...

Gorgeous bags!! I'm sure they will be a huge seller for you!!

Kathy said...

These r awesome!
I used to do rag wreaths many moons ago!!!

Can't wait to see them in person!