August 15, 2010

Good Sunday Morning to everyone! I attended the craft fair at Mt. Charleston and what great fun! It was my first one. Although I didn't sell much I learned a lot and I even loved the rain. We don't get much here in Pahrump. I am all revved up and working on my Esty shop. I will be combining 3 shops into one. One of the reasons I am doing this is I have dedicated my shop to my sister. All profits will go to her. She has ovarian cancer. She is by herself and has lost her job and has no income at this point. She has qualified for Social Security disability but payments don't start until December. You have to wait 5 months before you can get it. In the meantime she is losing her home. Although she has been paying on it for 14 years the mortgage company will not work with her unless she has income. Pretty scary when you think how an illness can devastate you. Anyhow I am excited and hopeful that I will get lots of sales. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Think I would like to publish an article about you and your shop on The Henderson Art Craft Examiner. It will give attention to your cause. Helping where I can, get in touch with me if you would be interested. Send an email to cswizgo@gmail.com. Warm Regards,
Susan

Rochelle said...

maybe I missed it,but whats the name of your etsy shop? :)

Shadowmtnstudios said...

Shadowmtnstudios3 Thanks for asking! I do have 2 other shops I will be combining into this one.

Kathy said...

Sorry to hear that about your sister.
I have a client who has that and she undergoing treatment on an off for years and she is a sub teacher.
Right now she is free of it.
Hope all goes well for your sister.
Banks, don't get me started on that one!! They don't want to help anyone!

Shadowmtnstudios said...

Great to hear about your client. I am praying that will be the case with my sister. Thank you so much for your support.

C.S. I did email you that I am very interested. I am hoping I didn't miss an email back from you.