January 31, 2012
Handmade In Vegas LIST OF NOMINEES
Vice President:
Marlene Stidham: (Island Girlz Jewelry)
Aloha! My name is Marlene and I’d appreciate your vote for Vice President. For those of you who do not know me, I am an original member of the Handmade in Vegas Etsy team. I am a Team Leader and a member of the Jurying Committee. My most notable accomplishment has been the establishment of the LOT, a First Friday venue for team members and other members of the art community.
One of the biggest assets I bring to this position is my organizational skills and ability to simply get things done. I don’t believe in the word "No"–it simply means you have to try another approach. But at the same time, I’m sensitive to the needs of everyone and understand the value of working together as a team toward common goals. To put it simply, I’m a team player and I believe in THIS team!
My goals if elected to this position are to: 1) Create a more visible team presence within the community; 2) Help team members reach their full potential through education, networking and a mutual support system; and, 3) Create more opportunities for team members to showcase their artistic talents.
If all that hasn’t convinced you to vote for me well then you should vote for me because I’m really AWESOME (LOL)!! Seriously though, your vote would mean a vote of confidence in me–and that is greatly appreciated :0)
Secretary:
Megan Dresback: (FFTF & B & The Button Barn)
I would like to be your team Secretary. Ha Ha... I almost put down "Class" Secretary. My reasons for wanting the job are simple but important. I love the arts and crafts community that this wonderful team has brought out of the woodwork. Being a Vegas native, I have waited a long time for any kind of artistic community to start up here. It is inspiring to be a part of a like minded group and I would love to promote and support the group and its team leaders. I think that this team can be an important contributor in the city and that we can use our group to further our artistic endeavors and the community as a whole. We can make this team into something amazing. Let's do it!
Jacqueline Todd: (Little Bird Threads)
Hello Handmade in Vegas teammates! My name is Jacqueline Todd of Little Bird Threads. I joined the team in November and am very excited to become an active member.
I am nominating myself for secretary for two simple reasons, I like to take notes and no one knows me well enough to nominate me. The position of secretary speaks to me because note taking have been an integral part of my existence for as long as I have been writing. During high school, I was the secretary for Octagon Club and Choir. In my ten years as an Interior Designer my very livelihood depended on my ability to take notes in order to make my clients' dreams a reality. As a perpetual college student, my grades depend on my note taking abilities. My current full time student status affords me plenty of time to be available for meetings.
As your Secretary, I would make it my duty to take excellent notes in order to keep all members informed. Thank you for your consideration.
Treasurer:
Brandy Decker: (spill the beans)
I am obsessed with organization and love math! My experience includes, working in the baking industry for eight years, being an owner of our family pizza restaurant in San Diego, and being a teacher and after school math tutor for C.C.S.D.
I am excited about all the new leadership on this team and want to be a part of all the new changes and activities.
Barb Tricarichi: (Hearts & More Embroidery)
I would like to be treasurer of Handmade In Vegas. I have personal and business experience with bank accounts and keeping track of expenses and all. I worked in accounts payable for four years.
Thank you
Sergeant at Arms:
Carrieann Lago: (Ametista)
My years in property management have provided me with a good deal of experience in creating and defining bylaws. During those years, I’ve managed at large real estate portfolio including many Home Owners Associations. I've chaired board meetings utilizing Robert’s Rules to maintain order, productivity and efficiency during these meetings. These elements are key to our team as we continue to grow in size and scope. More than anything, I want to see our team succeed in all we set out to do. We have big ideas and big goals to achieve and I'd like to help with that.
Social Networking Administrator:
Sierra Sorensen: (Sierra Nicole Designs & Paper Soul Studios)
I would like to run for the position of Social Networking Administrator.
I believe I have a lot of knowledge of and skills with social networking, and I think I will be able to use a lot of different social venues to be able to support and promote the team. I would like to see Facebook and Twitter being utilized more/better, and to also use Pinterest and Foursquare to help promote the team. Both of the latter sites are amazing, and can be used for great marketing tools. I have a lot of knowledge of these, and I know I can use it to help the team!
Kathy Wheeler: (Kaths Hats & Aangels Heavenly Soy Sense)
For almost 2 years now I have been working on Handmade In Vegas F/B book page and have been posting information on Etsy, straight from Etsy itself and getting people to post about their shops, we started with very few on this page and it has grown to 245 members. I am an avid user of Twitter too. I have always screened the people before accepting them into the group to make sure they aren't spammers.
I also have been doing Northwest Meetings for almost 2 years and have had success with members attending and I believe I have helped many people in many different ways. I have informative speakers and information about Social Networking as well as learning about our Etsy Web pages and promoting our businesses.
Team Etsy Store Administrator:
Kathy Jones: (Ametista)
I love taking photos and I have a photo booth and all equipment required to take photos for our team shop. I feel if the photos are all uniformed the shop will look more organized and complete. I also am very organized (well most of the time) and can keep up with the orders and since I go to the post office at least twice a week, sending out more is no problem.
Kellie Kroplinski: (Art Box Creations)
I've had two Etsy shops since 2009 and have participated in the group consistently from its inception.
I've had my own business as a graphic designer for 10 years. I take my Etsy business as seriously as my design business. I would like to see the Etsy Group develop into a well known Las Vegas entity.
Membership Committee:
Kellie Kroplinski: (Art Box Creations)
I've had two Etsy shops since 2009 and have participated in the group consistently from its inception.
I've had my own business as a graphic designer for 10 years. I take my Etsy business as seriously as my design business. I would like to see the Etsy Group develop into a well known Las Vegas entity.
Carrieann Lago: (Ametista)
My years in property management have provided me with a good deal of experience in creating and defining bylaws. During those years, I’ve managed at large real estate portfolio including many Home Owners Associations. I've chaired board meetings utilizing Robert’s Rules to maintain order, productivity and efficiency during these meetings. These elements are key to our team as we continue to grow in size and scope. More than anything, I want to see our team succeed in all we set out to do. We have big ideas and big goals to achieve and I'd like to help with that.
Pat Martinez: (Rock My Beads)
I have numerous years of experience in contract law as well as serving in numerous Board of Directors as President, Vice President, and Treasurer.
My experience will allow me to contribute to HMIV's Bylaws and Membership guidelines to ensure that they are written in line with requirements such as Etsy's Policies as well as Robert's Rules of Order. I have been an active Etsy member as well as an active HMIV member for approximately 2-1/2 years. My goal as a member of the above two committees is to produce Team ByLaws that are equitable to all HMIV members while keeping in line with the legal requirements. I am open-minded and listen to all criticism, bad or good. I am a team player but can also serve in a leadership role when needed. My interest in both of these committees is sincere and I hope that I am given the opportunity to serve HMIV in any capacity needed, but for now, I'd like to start with participation in these two committees. In the future when I'm not involved with other organizations, I'd like to take an executive board role.
Barb Tricarichi: (Hearts & More Embroidery)
I would like to be considered for Membership Chairman. I am new to the group but would like to meet people and help the group grow.
Kathy Wheeler: (Kaths Hats & Aangels Heavenly Soy Sense)
I would like to help with the Membership Committee, for I have been a member since Etsy first begin at the very first meeting in Las Vegas. I have done research on the Do's and Don'ts of Etsy. I am totally supportive of Etsy itself and our members. I always strive to help people in any way I can.
Community Service Committee:
Katie Wade Kilar: (Katie’s Capes)
Katie has come up with many great ideas for the team to reach out and connect with our community. One of her recent ideas was, having the team join together to make “Blessing Bags”. These bags would be passed out to the homeless during First Friday, and other team events.
Event and Venue Committee:
No nominees
Team Fundraising Committee:
No nominees
Educational Committee:
No nominees
Labels:
board,
committees,
executives,
list,
nominees,
president,
voting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment